Friday, May 8, 2009

New horizons


Banded mongooses outside of my hut in the research camp


Baboons on a morning drive



So the OTS spring 2009 semester is now officially over. It's been an absolutely incredible experience and I am so so so incredibly glad that Laurence managed to convince me that South Africa was for me. Wow was he right. I've met some amazing people and seen some really really cool things. And now I'm moving on to the second chapter in my South African experience. For the next month I'm going to be working for SAEON (South African Environmental Observation Network) mapping mopani trees. This means I get to spend a month walking in Kruger Park, near Phalaborwa. I'm also learning to drive manual. So while I miss all of my new friends, I'm excited about the next evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment