Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wild dogs and more pictures


Young elephant


Vultures


Hippos!


Yeah, I thought it was a pretty early morning too!


Old bull elephant


Momma and baby


Steenbok, isn't it cute!


Impala at sunset


Zebra


Giraffe at sunrise


Night adder!




So I didn't get any pictures because they were pretty far away and I was too excited, but I saw a pair of wild dogs this morning!!! I was up early for a birding drive and had gotten a little bored while they looked at some little brown bird. I was looking around and saw something moving on a slope a good bit away. Binoculars revealed a pair of wild dogs trotting along the hill. They have the most amazing coat patterns. I really hope we get to see them a bit closer, but it was definitely a great start to the morning!

1 comment: