Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mapungubwe wildlife


Klipspringer


White-fronted bee eaters, my new favorite bird!


Hornbills and a Pearl owlet


It was so nice to see eles again after a month away from the savanna






Young kudu male


Little gecko that lived outside my hut


It's Zazu! Red-billed hornbill


What a beauty!


A pair of kudu


More dassies!


Blacksmith Plover


Giraffe drinking - they look so awkward!


White rhino and Blue wildebeest


Blue wildebeest


White rhino - only the 2nd one I've seen in the wild



Wildlife wasn't quite as concentrated as it was in Kruger, but we definitely saw some awesome stuff. I really got into the birds here because my 2nd independent project was a bird biodiversity survey. I spent 5 mornings out in the field looking and listening for as many birds as possible. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment